» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Starr's Into

Default Starr's Into

Hi, Everyone

Thank you for allowing me to join your forums. I will probably have a ton of questions. I have used Paint Shop Pro since 2004, but as I am using a Mac now as my main computer and I can't use that program any more. I am taking an Adobe Photoshop class in school right now. I am finding that most of the functions are the same as the Jasc PSP 9 (my favorite) that I previously used which is nice. At least, I don't have to re-learn everything. I am finding that some things are easier and others I either (A.) Need to find out where the tool or function is located, or (B.) What the tool or function is called. I haven't used any graphic programs since about 2 years ago, so I am a little rusty.

I always found that PSP was a great way to relax and concentrate on something other than life issues. I am hoping that Photoshop is also like that. If someone can post the link for the © guidelines that would be great! I have permission still from a few artist, but I know each site is different and I will need to look up the rules for some of the artist I have not been in contact with for a while (or the link to the artist permission list). I am sure that a lot has changed in the last few years, sometimes rules would change from one week to the next.

If I do something wrong I am fine with any corrections or constructive criticism you can give me to help me improve, either my Adobe Photoshop proficiency or being a more valued member of these forums.

A little about me: I just turned 27 last Thursday (gosh I am getting old.) I am Female, I live in California and go to school full time. My major is Bio-Chemistry (just changed), I would like to research type 1 diabetes because my god-daughter was diagnosed at 6 months old. I am not good at spelling and grammar (No matter how many books I read), but am good at Math and Science. I have a twin that is the opposite good at English and History(ugh!) and not as good at Math and Science. I learn fast, but like to go slow until I am proficient at a task.

Some Likes: Faeries, Star Trek, Star(s), anything Sci-Fi/Fantasy related (that isn't scary), RPG's, Rock, and Metal.

Favorites: Color- Green. Artist- Nene Thomas. Actress- Liv Tyler. Author- Patricia Briggs. Book- (As of right now) Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Season- Winter. Band- Stone Sour. Movie- Armageddon.

Thank you for reading my long poorly written Intro,
    Starr

sup, welcome to the void.

You seem like an interesting person! I'm sure you'll have a good experience with Photoshop, I know how to navigate around it to about a harsh 70-80%, if I can help you out feel free to message me.
    Best of luck.

Quite the intro. Welcome, i hope you enjoy your stay.
    I also started out using Paint Shop Pro as I found Photoshop too difficult back then. But after a while, at least I felt, PS is just better so I decided to switch. I've never regretted that decision to this day, so I can only recommend the same.