> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: First CD Cover

Default First CD Cover

hey everyone im new here and this my first post so dont really no what to say but here is my first ever try of a CD Cover for a friend of a friend and i think it turned out pretty good except for some flaws here and there but anyways i'd really appreciate any feedback and im glad to be a member here

just done a rededit with colour to make the text stand out more think it looks alot better

new pic of more done to it made it back to black and white instead of colour

alot of flaws still tho that i dont no how to perfect yet
    Last edited by WooloDesigns; 07-08-2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: updated due to a new difference in the photo i did

bro it looks like its for a hip-hop kind of music...or perhaps he is a DJ....kind of confusing....also the text is very hard to read...and the effects applied on the dude and the overall image...isn't that good looking. Highly suggest practicing more at photo editing, then move forward to some typography...not trying to hate or anything.

I make lots of CD Covers if you need any help just message me up on Skype bro.
    Proud Owner of:
    RichFlyers

^ LOVE YOU RAD ^

hey i dont take it as hate im new into doin all this CD Cover thingy and yes hes a Hiphop artist and i would appreciate help mate i really need to get better i no alot but not tht much obvs whats your skype mate where can i find it

its right under my signature man :P...hehehe... Skype: NovruzeliHuseynov
    Proud Owner of:
    RichFlyers

^ LOVE YOU RAD ^

The biggest problem i see with the cover is the text, it's so hard to discern from the surrounding effect, throw some shadows behind the test to make it readable again. Also i would maybe try throwing the effect on a separate layer and working the details back into the face and maybe into the instruments in front of him.

The only other thing i could say is the fact that you want the CD cover to stand out on a shelf full of other flashy covers, i would maybe try changing the colors to up the contrast ratio overall.

Other than that, cool cd cover idea!

-indo