» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default InDesign poor image quality

Everytime when I import (png) images to InDesign I get poor quality (pixelated/small resolution) I dont know much about that software yet. I basically made image in photoshop and paste it into InDesign and now I want to make PDF presentation of it. I have that Quality of preview set on high.

This is my work. On right is preview from InDesign (it looks like this even after exporting to PDF) and on the right is how it looks like in Photoshop (200% zoom). What to do? The size of image is perfect for A4 format. It also says 300ppi.

Are you only importing it into indesign so that you can create a pdf out of it? You can do that right from photoshop, or even illustrator. Many people have had issues importing files from photoshop into indesign to use, as it doesn't work well with raster images. Perhaps try making it in illustrator, that way you don't need to worry about ppi.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

Well if that logo would be problem I can solve that pretty easily but the problem was that backgound is a texture of paper and that was also pixelated. I googled little bit deeper and find out that InDesign isnt showing full quality (even after setting it to show full quality lol) so thats why I had problem with it in ID. But the next thing was that even after export to PDF i had bad quality (when I save PDF in PS it was 1:1 pdfng) then I notice there is the ppi setting in that export window and I save it with 72 ppi inted of original 300. I save it in 300 and its 1:1 so problem solved. Now I have to find best ratio for quality-file size.