> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wacom=hard

hmm, dug up my old graphire2 wacom tablet after seeing pyspher bring it up, its a cool thing but is really hard for me to get used to again...so different from traditional pencil/pen mediums...eh bored so i thought id post my first WORK IN PROGRSS sketch on a tablet in almost over a year lol,I hope itll look cool when im finished with it lol ehh, thing sucks but i wanna learn how to use it better. btw im not sure if this should go in digital art or traditional seeing as its pseudo traditional done in a digital way? meh i dunno.

that shows some real skill, can't wait to see it done. what is the theme of it gonna be?

hoping it to have a "confidence" theme. It'll eventually be of a guy pumping his fist in confidence hopefully. lol i'm really not sure yet cause at this stage im really free to do anything with that pose

Pretty nice. I suggest if you have lost the feel for a tablet that you just open up a new really big canvas, and just draw circles. Just do it. You will develop a comfort for working with your tablet again. Works for me at least. And damn, graphire 2, that's old skool
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

heh i know, what can i say, i was young when i bought it and didnt realize its full uses till now anywho ive just been tracing other works to get a feel for it back, that and trying to sketch out this stupid picture, its an update i guess but the more and more i look at it, the more and more i wanna ditch it completely...its so...ew...i dunno the only thing i like about it is the gun, lol cause i suck at guns and i think this one turned out ok..should i ditch? or start over? i dunno me sucko at el drawingo :unsure:

Nah dude, that's awesome. A couple things. On his left arm(the one not holding the gun, it is more blocky and sharp lines, while ont he other one it is round buff lines . Also, the barrel of the gun has bad perspective, you should try making the square more fore-shortened.
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

mhm ur exactly right, im just glad i semi got used to the feel of the tablet again, i'm totally ditching this one, and have a scanned drawing i just made that i'm makin my new project, i actually can't wait for this one XD. Thanks for your help though!

btw noones answered my question, does this belong in traditional or digital art :huh: just wondering.

Digital. It was made with digital mediums, so it'd be digital.
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

lol what about if i scan a picture done freehand with traditional means, yet used photoshop to edit it, lol :lol:

Ok, here comes some critisicm. He has only got one shoulder, the arms like begins at his neck. The arms are too big compared to the body. I guess he didn't train his stomach and chest too, just the arms. :P
    He is also twisted in a strange way, but that's probably since his body is thinner than his forearms. The hand looks pretty flat, but the hands are the hardest part to draw on the entire body, so I can understand that. The most important thing is the face. The face is something you concentrate on while looking on a character. Practice drawing only faces, without bodies, you will improve alot. Also, work with pencils and stuff, not just tablet. It's good to be able to handle traditional tools too.
    Keep on drawing, you can probably become a good drawer if you continue practicing. Make one sketch a day, practicing eyes, head structure, etc. It will help alot.