» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dont avoid dogs

Thumbs down

hey all, here is proof that, if you have not been told already, now you know, do NOT try to avoit dogs, expecially on a slick surface! i did, and i skrewed my car UP. totalled, and got lucky to walk out of it, well crawl out that is. also, seat belts do save lives! i would not be typing right now had i not worn mne.

but, heres my car now:

its not fun, its better to replace the bumper than the whole car!

hope this helps someone later down the road, learn from my experiences!!!

thanks,

mas

Ouch man... that sucks. Glad you're alright though...

How much will it take to repair the car? It looks pretty bad.

its not being repaired, the thing got totalled.

so now i get to collect insurance, and go find a big a$$ truck, and hopefully "meet" that mutt again.

damn, i just noticed, my shocks got messed up! they use to sit about 3/4 of an inch over the front tire, now there about 4 inches of space.

Aww, man that sucks. Love the big @$$ truck running over the mutt idea!
    Sorry that something this unfortunate has happened over a dog. :|

The Eclipse is a beautiful car too. Be sure to file a report and if you feel ANY pains whatsoever, go to a doctor and not your insurance company. My dad got hit by another guy, and we nearly lost our house because my insurance didn't help us- they fought us over every item. Glad to see you're safe.

ahh, it sucks but, what can ya do, it happens. ill post the story of how it all went down later, i forgot about that till just now, but im too lazy to do it now.

and ive actually already been to the doctor, went the night it happened. i have what they call a "hematoma" (hope i spelled it right). which all that is is a pool of blood inbetween my skull and my skin. so its a little squshy, but hey, ifs thats the worst, than ill suffer a headache rather than what it could be. a headache and few scratches isnt too bad considering. and which, i actually got REALLY lucky considering i had surgery on my shoulder 6 weeks ago, it could have been much worse if anything had happened to it. so i am thankful that somehow i and my car protected it, and its fine.

and also, very sorry to hear that man, i cant imagine how that would be. our insurance is actually being quite helpful, slow, but helpful nonetheless. i am sorry to hear that you nearly lost your house, but it all turned out alright right? i hope so!

i just hope that someone will learn from me, and not make the same mistakes, it sucks, and you really dont want to have to go through it.

We got somewhat of a settlement, and my dad needs to get physically retrained and he needs to get reeducated for a new job. We were close- really close. Now I just want to make him proud and continue to make awesome siggies and other digital goodies. Which is why i joined here. Photoshop and writing was my release instead of turning to drugs and crap, which i probably could of...

I was always told just to hit the animal directly, it causes less damage than running off the road. Real sorry to see what happened to your car man - thats a shame.

Is insurance covering any of it?

!!!!Holy crap dude...That is horrible...Glad you are alright though, Poor car..I Feel so bad for you, And that dog..well you know what to do.
    Simply; you.

alright, this is what happened. the story of why my car look like that. . .

i was going to watch a friend of mine race on saturday (july, 9th) and i was on a dirt road, and i missed the road i was supposed to take to get to the track, so i go and turn around, well, on my way back, a damn mutt runs out in front of me, so0o0o trying not to royally skrew up my front end, i avoid the dog (lesson learned: never avoid dogs, hit the damn things&#33. well, i veer right, then veer back left to get back on the main part of the road, well, my rear end looses traction, and my front kept siding left, so i am getting close to sideways, then i hit the ditch. my nose hits the ditch, and the back end whips around slamming the passenger side into the ditch, which explains why my passenger rear wheel is bent. then i continue to turn around, while sliding for a good 20 or 30 feet, then somehow, when i turn completely around, my nose catches the ditch, and i caught some air for a little bit, and then i landed on my roof.

so yea, i got to crawl ou the back. also, tinted windows are a GREAT thing, i would prolly have a ton of glass in me if it were not for the tint on my windows. so i am a big believer in tinting windows now.