» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Very nice... one of the better terragen renders I've seen. In places it seems a little pixelated or lacking detail though.

i did sharpen it, and im not too bothered what people think on here, ive put effort into it and thats all that matters to me

and blaze, thanks for the comment, when you said lacking detail, can you think of anything i could add?

wow man.. thats amazing... great work on the ground the only fault i see at all is the sun but it can be fixed... id make a superb vector landscape
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

I'm not really sure how it's lacking detail... there's just some random pixels that seem out of place and get my attention. It could just be my vision though, or my imagination (he's a bastard... an evil, evil bastard).

Originally posted by deep blue@6 Minutes Ago
    im not too bothered what people think on here
    So why post it then if your not bothered db? :huh:

I agree with BFG on this, it is pretty good but just a tad boring, as for birds why not add some sillouhettes of some around the sun or sumthing?

Originally posted by NxtDay@13 Minutes Ago
    wow man.. thats amazing... great work on the ground the only fault i see at all is the sun but it can be fixed... id make a superb vector landscape
    [snapback]80237[/snapback]
    vectoring tg landscapes is imposs

trust me :mellow:

and tom, cause i wanted to show it off, im proud, and im not bothered whether people like it or not, its just art, and not everybody likes everything

It's good, better than I can do in Terragen atm.

But it's missing something, and the landscape looks a bit gritty; did you render it very big, then scale it down with PS? When you do that, the landscape looks a bit better that way imo, not as gritty.

I think it would be nice to see some sunrays coming out of the sky, as well as some overcasting shadows covering parts of the landscape (redo it where it does that with the clouds and sky :P :P :P, or not).

Adding more shades gives the piece more depth and a melodramic feel to it. Which is always a good thing

NJ, at least make the landscape less gritty/grainy and it'll be ace!

EDIT: Part of the landscaping looks a bit strange, notice the geometric-like prism as you trace your eyes alongside the edges of the landscaping to the right.

Hehe, my dad walked into my room and went "wow!".
    Very nice detail, you're getting better and better at this. Three things though. The clouds look, how should I say, "bumpy", which makes it less realistic. I would generate new clouds. The ground is also pretty pixelated, I dunno if the ground is too close to the camera or something, but it makes it look like an oil painting, and if you want to keep it that way, do it. And something you must change is that spike shape in the middle, it looks more like it's shaped by humans or something.
    Very good work on this, it's not boring at all. Terragen renders doesn't have to be just oddly messed up landscapes to be interesting.

Simply amazing. I love that little gorge near the back left. It looks really nice there. And those look like the clouds before a storm we had a while ago. I think they are called Cotton-Ball clouds. I really love how relistic the lighting for the sun is, etc.

Great job. I can't really say to change a thing.

yeah, ive been chatting with some really good guys at #terragen chat, and most of their work is all sharpened, like this, so i duno, ill show you the unsharpened render

and psy, i dont know what you talking about on the right, if yuo circle it in paint then upload (just crop) then i can probably fix, and i tried sun rays but theyre really hard to make it look good :/

i think i might try to add more shade to it, i might get a stock of a tree and add that in, iwth some birds flying high above it, i duno, but it wont b finishded for a while yet