» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Vector

I thought I would give this a try.
    And I would like constructive comments please.
    Thanks

for some reason the colors strike me very harshly and they seem difficult to look at... i think thats a scarf but i might wana try adding depht to that area

i love the metal thing in the top right its just great.. the thing on the left tho the silver thing seems like it shouldnt be there but thats just me g/j tho
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

what is a vector? (dont burn me)

that is a vector, you either use a vector based program (illustrator for example) or the pen tool in photoshop (vectors made in ps arent real vectors, their immitations, but get the job done). and if your going to post, atleast make a comment on the image :P

any way, i think there are too many colours, its like a sensory overload. You may want to use only a couple colours on the background, and parts that dont matter as much as the center peice... the person.

Originally posted by undertone@3 Minutes Ago
    that is a vector, you either use a vector based program (illustrator for example) or the pen tool in photoshop (vectors made in ps arent real vectors, their immitations, but get the job done).
    [snapback]81501[/snapback]
    wrong wrong WRONG!!!! OMFGDBDNWTFAVI!!!!!!!& #33; Photoshop vectors ARE REAL VECTORS!!!! Photoshop itself however is not ment for vector data, so when you zoom in then you see pixels, causing people to think that it is not a true vector, but THEY ARE!!! They are made with paths and therefore are calculated using vector data. OK, take a vector image from PS, then save it as a post script file and open it again in illustrator or another vector-editing prog. When you zoom in it doesn't pixel. You can also resize any vector image in photoshop without it pixelling, therefore PS = Vector!!!!

[/rant]
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

the way ps handels vectors makes it a fake, because the image is saved in a pixel format, instead of a mathimatical equation. At its heart its a raster program, not a vector program, but since adobe bought macromedia, i swear their just going to combine everything into a super beast of a program.

anyway, illigal, are you going to make a comment on the image or not. this part of the forum is so you can help the other designers with their images, not so you can rant endlessly on vectors. if you're going to post that, fine, just alteast dont de-rail the topic.

Take it down undertone, your the one who stated vectors created in photoshop aren't real vectors.

I think you used too much color in her skin, and too much colors elsewhere as well.
    What is the metal object on the left?

Originally posted by undertone@1 Hour Ago
    the way ps handels vectors makes it a fake, because the image is saved in a pixel format, instead of a mathimatical equation. At its heart its a raster program, not a vector program, but since adobe bought macromedia, i swear their just going to combine everything into a super beast of a program.

anyway, illigal, are you going to make a comment on the image or not. this part of the forum is so you can help the other designers with their images, not so you can rant endlessly on vectors. if you're going to post that, fine, just alteast dont de-rail the topic.
    [snapback]81510[/snapback]
    Dude, did you read what i said? It saves them as mathematical perimeters, or vector data like i said. It just doesn't correctly READ vectors. If you load a vector you made in photoshop, into illustrator, it shows up as a VECTOR!!! If it was a fake vector that wouldn't work. It is done by the equations, but in illustrator when you zoom in it recalculates the equations and adjusts it accordingly so it never pixellates, Photoshop does not recalculate, it just zooms in on the static image. That is why people think it is not a vector prog. It is though, you just can't see it. Also if you resize a vector image, it wont pixellate, again this is because it is vector!

About the piece. I think it is nice, but some of the colors are too loud, or contrasting. The color on the hand near the bottom should be more brown then red, looks like fingernails almost. The hair is a little sloppy near the top, and on the ceiling there's a black line but it thins out too quickly, if you were going for perspective it would thin a lot slower and wouldn't dissapear.
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

Check this out Undertone, you might learn that what you were saying was false.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/8818843/

OWNED!!! and that's the movie i was looking for, thanks psy.
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you