» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is everybody's take on Satanism in schools and public? I don't know about everywhere, but I do know that all forms of satanism are banned from most American schools. This, since it has been around since before the 'seperation of church and state' was really enforced, is a huge Christian influence in our public school system that should not be there.

To me, satanism is simply another religion.

by banning satanism, they're being hypacritical on so many levels, one of them is the right to practice your religon, and have free speach. people seem to hate saddam for imposing his beleifes on his people, but isnt america doing the EXACT same thing?

by banning gay marrige, they're being even more hypacritical (in the bible it says god created man in his image, and since homosexuals are infact human, well bible thumpers got owned).

what is considered as "satanism" in schools?

well atleast here in finland theres nothing like that :huh: i think

Originally posted by dragoneye@15 Hours Ago
    what is considered as "satanism" in schools?

well atleast here in finland theres nothing like that* :huh: i think
    [snapback]86226[/snapback]
    It's most commonly displayed with the worshiping or idolizing of Satan or any other religious evil.

hmmm banning behavior or incorrect hair styles, jewlry and so forth is fair enough. as long as such banning isn't used to target specific cultural groups as a form of persecution.

But banning a beleif system is totaly wrong. I actualy like the way the french have gone, any form of religious symbolism or dress code cannot be worn at school. Hair style becomes a problem, but at least its consistant, regardless of beleif.

Not to generalize anyone, but I believe it was on the Wiki I read that some christian groups are the only who actually define Satan or Satanism as concerning to the devil and all that betrayal of god stuff.

I've never read the bible nor go to church, so I can't say much or act on what I think without knowing the whole story. But I with all of the religions, reading the bible some would only claim would tell me the whole truth.

yes, well main stream christianity in america, specially among the AOG's of the world, love to villify something. Nothing is easier than to attack works of the devil, which obviously is satanism. I wont even get onto issues I have with some of the teachings by leading figures in the AOG and affiliated areas, but even the Baptists and other Evangelical denominations and groups love to point to satanists.

Of course most of this is done without careful study of the facts, an analysis of the history of christianity, the catholic church and satanism. or for that matter many of the other religions. yet each time something happens that is moraly questionable then obviously the witches and devil worshipers are at fault.

Shame really because fundamentalistic christianity with the pentocostal focus on emotions allows for a lot of influence in america, without much fact being the basis of such views being pushed.

In Melbourne, Australia they just repelled the laws that outlawed witchcraft, tarots and so forth, apparently the law was over 150 years old. All the 'full gospel/evangelical' and pentocostal christain groups were outraged.

I think Satanism is bad for schools..they are probably doing that to act all cool or gothic crap bull poop..AM I REACHING?!

Any religion should not be in schools. I don't think that they should ban it though (as they try to do) or disallow certain types of clothing. As you said, its another religion.

If someone could tell me, that would be great.

First of all there should be no religion, i personally veiw it all as bs(but thats just me).