» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: planetside

Unhappy

yo all need to get on planetside people check it out at www.planetside.com ask deadloader and he will be able to get ya a link for a 7 day free trial

and remember to come on nc on werner

hehe, ok, i got a demo of that, 30days free, with this magasine i got

lol i just noticed i put every instead of ever oh well who cares

is this like eve cos i played eve free for 30 days and it gets tedious cos ya have to mine to get money to upgrade ya ship.

"I find that on the internet, everyone is very tough in an anonymous, pussy kind of way" - Josh Homme

overview:

Massively multiplayer gaming takes on a new face in PlanetSide®, where thousands of players wage war on a planetary scale. A newly designed 3D engine drives PlanetSide's first-person player-to-player combat and vehicular warfare across ten continents.

It doesn't matter if you're an avid RPG gamer or a fanatical FPS player, you'll find something in PlanetSide that's just right for you.

The stage has been set, the battle lines drawn, and dropships are ready to deploy you PlanetSide

PlanetSide features an assortment of powerful weapons. Some find their origins within one of the three empires, while others fall into the Common Pool category where they are accessible to all. Get a glimpse of just a small sampling of the many weapons available in PlanetSide
    Weapons flash

With hundreds of square kilometers of terrain, players will need a method for traversing these distances, as well as waging vehicular war. Familiarize yourself with some of the vehicles and aircraft offered in PlanetSide.
    Strategy is the key to success in PlanetSide, and a commander's number one resource for the effective battle plan is PlanetSide's detailed map system.
    Vehicles flash

The PlanetSide map system is an in-game tool providing mission critical data such as:

Structure locations and types, such as towers, dropship centers and interlink facilities, as well as each structure's current status and energy
    Facility and continent ownership with spheres of influence
    Hot spots
    Weather patterns, severity and effects
    Equipment such as deployed mines, spitfire turrets and motion sensors
    Lattice connections that link facilities, which allows them to share their benefits and is an important factor when hacking and advancing your position
    Respawn locations and squadmates
    The warp gate network that affects intercontinental transport and assault strategy

The Warp Gate Network and Strategic Transportation

Methods of movement from continent to continent can determine the difference between a successful mission and a routing. The warp gate network is a complex system of portals that allows instant transportation between land masses. Ownership of a portal will greatly affect assault and defense strategies. Possessing all of a continent's facilities can "lock down" that area, preventing portal transportation to that continent by enemies, thus making attacks even more difficult.

The Lattice System

Advancing your empire's position by acquiring facilities is a primary goal, and for this you'll need a hacker. Hacking to gain control of a facility is fraught with danger, and there's a strategy behind which facilities you can attempt to hack at any given time. This strategy is based on the lattice system, the linking of facilities based on ownership, shown in the PlanetSide map system. The effective hacker will be very familiar with this lattice system and the maps.

The map system presents all this data in a clear graphical format so you can plan your missions fast and better prepare your defenses.

From the standard Exo-suit to the powerhouse defensive shell of the MAX, smart choice in armor may determine a soldier's chance of survival in combat.
    Armour Flash

Planetary wars rage day and night. Assess the current balance of power and determine by hotspots where the action is and where forces are needed for defensive or offensive battle. Determine facility status and follow way points established by commanders.

Game Specific Features:
    Massively multiplayer first person action game
    Wage war with thousands in a persistent global conflict of unprecedented scale
    Player roles to fit the situation: join a team to conquer territory, fortify a base against attack, or support any offensive or defensive maneuver
    Character development and advancement through ranks
    Team tactical combat for control of planetary regions, with real-time territory control updates
    Seamless worlds on a massive scale with large indoor environments
    The ten continents of Auraxis™ are hostile and active
    Real-time weather and environmental factors
    Full team support
    Vehicle physics and flight model
    "Instant Action" mode--a quick and easy way to get into the thick of battle

Planetside

the main plot is to hack bases and stuff like a huge war which is infinate as long as there are people playing... it just pwns :lol:

7 day free trial code
    Station installer

Once you have the installer you have to make an account .. put in the code and download the game :P
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

its cool, cos you get new weapons and vehicles as you gain more xp, because all things cost certs, you get a cert every lv and you start off with 4 certs + vr training comes to about 7 or 8 certs, and you can pick what stuff you want, so you dont have to wait till a certain lv to play with the rest of the gamers, all you need is to grab a gun or vehicle and frag frag frag,

aw man! I wish I saw this earlier bc if I knew you guys played i def. woulda tried to get ahold of you ingame. I'm a 2 year veteran of the game as I played it when it first came out along with my older bro "mindaxis" who Ithink is still on the leaderboard for emerald even tho he hasnt played in almost a year. Sad. Anyway we were both NC on emerald and I had 2 br 20, cr 3 and 5 characters. Recently I had made a Terran on emerald but as my older brother stopped playing along with alot of friends that i made before i quit the game for about a year and a half, the game just seemed lonely and not fun for me bc i enjoy playing as a team. So I again cancelled my subscription however if I do decide to subscribe again i'll def. try to get ahold of you guys B)

it takes forever to update :/

"I find that on the internet, everyone is very tough in an anonymous, pussy kind of way" - Josh Homme

Thumbs down

it depends how fast you comp is spikee and kanji if your ever on the werner server as nc look supernova747 and deadloader1 up we will be happy to work as a team with ya, we will even give ya the teamspeak server we go on, that goes for the rest of you guys and girls who wanna play planetside.

if we get enough people to subscribe from gfxvoid (on the werner server under nc) we could start up our own gfxvoid outfit (outift means clan or guild on planetside)

we could own them all

i have some old screenshots of the game on http://supernova-planetside.tripod.com the game has updated the graphics rather well since then but meh its fun to see the only liberator ever to be indoors, muhahahahahaaha and i was the pilot muhahahhaa.

how much is it per month?