> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piercings

Well after scimming through psyphers "tattoo" topic I was curious to know what you guys think about piercings. Often times tattoos and piercings go hand in hand, however I don't believe so. Right now I have a helix piercing (cartilage) in the top of my left ear and will soon get normal piercings on my lobes. I am also almost for certain at some point i'm gonna get my eyebrow pierced. While many piercings dont have the visual grandeur of tattoos mine personally mean alot to me (namely my helix piercing, and soon to be eyebrow piercing.) I think that piercings are ok because you can always take them out after relatively short periods of time. Anyway I was just wondering what your guys thoughts are.

I don't really see the big deal. Piecings (atleast most of them) are very temporary. If you get sick of it, it can just grow back (assuming you don't get any ones that streach).

I was thinking about getting my tounge pierced, not sure yet. I'd consider peircing my ears although I don't think thats anytime soon.

I have a firm belief that men don't wear jewelry...

I have both ears and my left eyebrow pierced...

Hmm... piercings are an interesting subject and a lot of it comes down to personal taste and what your exposed to when you grow up. People who are now over 30 who grew up with no piercings will tend to not like them, but people who grow up with people around them will accept them, if not have them as well. Its a cultural thing, just like taste in music.

Tats is another area, which again has gained ground in more recent years.

In all three, tats, piercings and music, people use them as part of their taste, or people use them as a way to rebel, to make a statement, to be 'in your face' and make a confrontation.

Personaly, i like girls with piercings on their nose (subtle ones), their ears within reason and their belly button, don't like lip, eyebrow, and other parts of the face. Tounge, well i'm indifferent as you normaly can't see em. Private parts, well I like em, as long as its not too extream.

As for guys, well ears is about it, as thats what I consider to look good.

Eyebrow ones to me just look idiotic. As for tats, well i like tribal ones, specialy on girls on their lower back or similar to how Angela Joli has done hers. some on the back of the neck, specialy punks with their head shaved or cropped looks realy nice. So its all part of the bigger picture realy and why they are doing it.

Originally posted by XRedBlazeX@23 Hours Ago
    I have a firm belief that men don't wear jewelry...
    [snapback]88431[/snapback]
    I personally don't wear any jewlery (in piercings, if thats what you mean). Nowadays I occasionally wear a watch - and i'd consider wearing a chain (if I ever had some extra cash to buy one thats nice).

I think the whole man-piercings is sorta a fad. I don't think i'd have time in the morning to put earings and and stuff like that - I wake up an hour before I have to get to work so I have 30 minutes showing/preparing and 30 minutes driving.

my piercings are in 24/7 to take them out would be a huge pain in the ass.
    so far i only have my ears done and thats probably all i'll do. im a much bigger fan of tattoos than i am of piercings. i dont think its so much a fad as it is a cultural thing. if you're into the punk scene, odds are you have an extra hole or two in your body. my earrings were actually a valentines day thing my girlfriend and i did a couple years ago. she went and got her first tattoo, i got 10guage hoops stabbed through my ears, it was real romantic lol!

its all about your style. if you dont believe men wear jewlery, thats just the way you were brought up, i sincerely doubt that if we ever met that you would think less of me for having earrings.

"Personaly, i like girls with piercings on their nose (subtle ones), their ears within reason and their belly button, don't like lip, eyebrow, and other parts of the face. Tounge, well i'm indifferent as you normaly can't see em. Private parts, well I like em, as long as its not too extream."
    I can tell you from my own experience a girl with a lip piercing is not a good friend to have lol ...this may just slide over the head of some of our younger members lol the rest is all gravy to me lol

Well, on the topic of girl's piercings I don't really care too much. I've had a girlfriends with the whole deal (besides down there). When I kissed her truthfully I didn't even really notice it that much!

She was a fun girl...

Originally posted by tacoX@52 Minutes Ago
    Well, on the topic of girl's piercings I don't really care too much. I've had a girlfriends with the whole deal (besides down there). When I kissed her truthfully I didn't even really notice it that much!

She was a fun girl...
    [snapback]89221[/snapback]
    I think it would be different to have one down there, experience wise. I wonder if it would get in the way...Although I tend to wonder more than I experiment. :lol:

I personally don't like piercings on a guy, ears are cool with me but I think we should be old fashioned and easy going on our appearence. I like ears and belly button rings on girls, but conservative on the ears not 4 or 5 holes lol.
    I think your right about it just being the way we are cultured and brought up knowing and seeing certain things.

-Oh, and Angelina Jolie's tribal tattoo is fucking awesome. I love those right on the lower back with a tank top and a thong with tight pants on, damnit!

I HAVE MY EYEBROW PIERCED!!! Get it done, it doesn't hurt.

What is there to say about piercings. They are neither right or wrong. Because they may be right to some people, while they are wrong to others.

If a person wants to express themselves with piercings, let 'em