> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My computer is viturally inaccessable

I start up my computer, click my acount name (this is in winXP btw) and it starts up, besides the extreme laggyness while its starting, I realize I cant open anything.

When I mean anything, I mean everything. I cant open icons on my desktop, I cant open icons in status bar, I cant open incons in my quick link bar, I can open programs in my start menu (and if I do they will freeze and not work within 5 minutes of the opening)

Now my family has a LAN network (I know it's improper to say it that way, but it sounds better) so all 3 of our computers are linked (access each others files from any computer) Now my computer is hardwired to the Modem and i'm trying to access my files from my parents computer. I go to the website where the linking is, and I click my name on the list, and click access shared files. When I do this it takes a moment to load and i'm left with a message telling me my computer is not accessable and It could not be reached.

Now does anyone have any idea how to unfuck my computer/get my files? I dont mind dumping the harddrive, but i'd rather not. If I have to i'd atleast want to get some files off.

Worst case, all goes, I get nothing <_< lets not get there yet though :mellow:

Tell me one thing... how important are the files?

Ummm

Photosho work, Vacation Pictures, School Work, Unfished storys, Important documents (Infomation, mostly useless, but have a purpose)

Alrighty then.. i guess we gotta recover them. My first bet is a virus, or spyware. Did you regulary run spyware checks? Or virus checks?

If not then try running them if possible.

Why should I tell you, for all I know you could be some pedifile..

or it is a hacker, and there is a way past this, u need to goto into the bios, and do a load of shit to unlock it, and i dont think it is a virus, because virus dont lock shit, so either someones hacked ur pc, locked it down so much that u cant even fart, or uve done something

Dude. A virus can do anything....all it has to do is change the bios.. or system files. I may be a ton of psyware eating up your system resources....which i think it is.

I think it&#39;s spyware also, but it&#39;s impossiable to run a spyware finder, because when I run it, it runs for about 5 minutes tops (sometimes less) and freezes :?

Originally posted by KlngMe@41 Minutes Ago
    I think it&#39;s spyware also, but it&#39;s impossiable to run a spyware finder, because when I run it, it runs for about 5 minutes tops (sometimes less) and freezes :?
    [snapback]87586[/snapback]
    Tell us what your using, and go into your C:&#092;Program Files looking for anything that you doesn&#39;t look right. I personally think your overruning your computer with slotchbar type programs like bullseye and other adwares/spybots/viruses, and I think it&#39;s accounting for alot of the program lag and general lazyness of your system because it&#39;s overworked with processes from the startup.

Ok i got a trick for you. Goto start - run. Type in msconfig. Press ok. Goto the startup tab. Then uncheck everything. This will disable all program from starting up when you boot. Then run ADAWARE SE 2. And spybot serach and destroy.

That may help.

Why should I tell you, for all I know you could be some pedifile..

prolly is alot of spyware