> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

looks like XP on steriods :P

yeah your programs list pops up on the left, under your name. and i was right about the dark theme. it also seems like they've had a serious look at the mac OSs and incorperated a few gaphical parts, and a few interface options.

my friend has it running on his computer.

I think it's a step up from XP definatly. I'm not sold on there plan to make the file browsing different and leaving the old tree browsing, I don't like the idea of change from XP anyway.

Surely mods and skins will come out to dramatically change the looks, I'd more worry about the functionality of Vista itself. From what I've done on it, IE7 is still critically impared with tabbed browsing. I'm expecting for the lag spikes to be extreme for those with Dell's or less than a gig of memory, because I hit 100% cpu when I click a folder link :mellow: . Of course it is a beta, so surely it'll be much better when it comes out...

I actually like the changes, to me it resembles a Mac interface a lot more than a windows though. The screenshots that I found were funny because (as you can see) the resolution is really low!

The dark on light grey skin isnt really cutting it for me... not a huge fan of that at all.

I don't really like the way it looks right now. The skin on the windows is hideous. BUT I think the folder's look awesome. Finally windows is taking some tips from Mac.
    Resident father figure.

Why should I tell you, for all I know you could be some pedifile..

wow that is insane

Pretty cool. Didn't know they were makin a new windows. I don't see a whole lot of functionality things that are new. Most of it seems just visual, and that is all stuff that can be attained with skins and icons etc. What exactly is new about it?
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

If someone could tell me, that would be great.

It would be neat to get some screen shots of longhorn, although that might be what this is (nobody has said different).

lol, i think its incredible. but then i thoght xp was a massive improvement on 2000. I think Microsoft avoided going to far in the extream skin and gfx integration with XP because a lot of businesses would say "why would we pay for that". Remember, Microsoft's biggest revenue base is companies, not individuals.

Obviously OSX convinced MS differently, as well as recent additions to Gnome and KDE and the massive recent growth in Gui Tweak and skinable additions to windows.

Personaly I like the dark interface, but as allways its a personal thing. Can't wait to get my hands on it! Hope they have some 3dfx acceleration on the desktop finally.

:edit:
    Found some very high res pics at the microsoft press release page:

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presski...ta/default.mspx

(it works in firefox) also have a gander at this pic:

desktop

It's interesting how they now have window transparency, and they have it selective so some of the window dressing is transparent, but important features are not. Very impressive. The big question is, do they use 3d accel to do it or is it software based, i hope its not software based, but i do presume they would use hardware accel.