> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Well, I live in Charlotte,N.C. and regular unleaded in most places around the city is $3.50 a gallon!!! Freakn unbeliveable, but what are you going to do. I am in no way minimizing or forgetting about whats going on in LA,MS,or AL but I'm just wondering how you guys or gals fell about the rising prices, thnx

It seems typical to me that Americans would complain about the gas prices now.We're so dependent on cars and most people have taken them for granted. The gas prices in Europe are equivalent to around $8 per gallon now I think. I've also been told that the public transportation there is good, but I think a lot of Americans overlook that idea. And of course it's always possible that the public transportation they need is not available in their area. And how do I feel about the gas prices? They are a problem, but the people directly effected by Katrina come first.

Right now, everyone should just deal with it the best they can because the world has other things to worry about.

Around here its like $4.00 per gallon. Thankfully, I don't even drive now that i'm in college - I got my trusty bike!

Originally posted by conspired@12 Minutes Ago
    It seems typical to me that Americans would complain about the gas prices now.We're so dependent on cars and most people have taken them for granted. The gas prices in Europe are equivalent to around $8 per gallon now I think. I've also been told that the public transportation there is good, but I think a lot of Americans overlook that idea. And of course it's always possible that the public transportation they need is not available in their area. And how do I feel about the gas prices? They are a problem, but the people directly effected by Katrina come first.

Right now, everyone should just deal with it the best they can because the world has other things to worry about.
    [snapback]107145[/snapback]
    well man i dunno how are you are, or what responsibilites you have, but i&#39;m marries with kids and as I stated before I feel for the people affected by Katrina, but the fact remains that I do have a life, and a wife and 2 kids that I have to take care of, therefore these high gas prices seriously affect me and my family, therefore I could almost care less what else the "world" has to worry about, because MY family comes first to me&#33; Anyways< I&#39;m not trying to start a fight or go back and forth, but people keep brushing off the high prices and people who have families and bills, it&#39;s hard to deal with

By my house, its 3.59 Reg...3.63 Plus...3.75 Super...

At my marina...Diesel-3.59...Plus-4.01....Super-4.12....

I dont have to worry, im 14, but once i get older if it keeps going, i wont be needing a car.
    Oblivion

lol, ya man, manufactures are going to keep on rolling out the hybirds&#33; 1/2 electric and 1/2 gas

If someone could tell me, that would be great.

It hasn&#39;t breached the &#036;3 mark yet by my house, but that should change soon. Hopefully now people will deal with it and not just let it slide. That way we can really push alternative fuel cus otherwise we&#39;ll be screwed 1- years from now when oil is a scarcity.

Hmm..By me it&#39;s &#036;3.50&#33; I don&#39;t want to know what it will be in 2 years when I start to drive.

well, the bright side is that now theres a reason to use less polluting(=cheaper) stuff to run cars.

and who knows if the prices keep going up, maybe all the cars will run with solar power in ten years :blink:

Originally posted by dragoneye@1 Hour Ago
    well, the bright side is that now theres a reason to use less polluting(=cheaper) stuff to run cars.

and who knows if the prices keep going up, maybe all the cars will run with solar power in ten years* :blink:
    [snapback]107418[/snapback]
    It won&#39;t happen... the gas companies pay the car companies to not produce vehicles that are not dependant on gasoline.

I&#39;m not sure what the gas prices are here, but I do know that they&#39;re outrageous. I can&#39;t honestly see any way to improve them though, because it&#39;s not like there&#39;s another source (that I can think of).